Ladle Slag Detection
The Slagman Vibration Slag Detector (VSD) accurately detects the steel/slag transition at the end of every ladle. You’ll know precisely when to end a heat every time. The Slagman VSD is built with simplicity to maximize up-time and operator trust.
- All-digital vibration sensors for internal-calibration and noise-free operation.
- Full integration with your plant’s level 1 and level 2 systems to keep track of heat numbers, crew, tundish levels, and other vital caster information.
- Improved tundish life (safety and working linings).
- Improved yield.
- No ladle modification required.
- No down-time required for installation or maintenance.
- Best hit-rate in the industry.
- Off-site remote support and analysis.
- Synchronized tundish pour-box video with Level 1 & 2 data, provides an integrated detailed archived record of all teeming events.
- Historical viewer provided for analytics of heat and operator performance.
- Historical viewer has analytical reporting features for automatic calculation of operator reaction times, minimum tundish weight, number of slide gate moves, and even the quality of the ladle shroud seal.